Can I study in the U.K. with a tourist visa? 

Updated on: Nov 20, 2023

No, you generally cannot study in the UK with a tourist visa. Tourist visas, also known as Standard Visitor Visas, are intended for short-term visits for tourism, family visits, business meetings or other non-study purposes. They do not permit you to enrol in a full-time academic program, attend classes or undertake any form of formal education in the UK.

If you intend to study in the UK, you will need to apply for a specific student visa, such as the Tier 4 (General) student visa (for full-time courses) or the Student Route visa (for various types of study programs). These visas have specific requirements and are designed for individuals who plan to pursue education in the UK.

Edvoy can be a valuable resource for students seeking to study in the UK. Our team of experienced study abroad consultants can provide expert guidance on the appropriate visa type, assist with the visa application process and ensure that you meet all the necessary criteria.