Can I study on a work visa in the UK? 

Updated on: Nov 20, 2023

In most cases, you cannot study on a work visa in the UK. Work visas, such as the Tier 2 (General) or Skilled Worker Visa, are designed for individuals who have received a job offer from a UK employer and are coming to the UK to work. These visas typically do not grant permission to enrol in full-time academic programs or attend classes.

If your primary goal is to study in the UK, you should apply for a student visa, such as the Tier 4 (General) student visa (for full-time courses) or the Student Route visa (for various types of study programs). These visas are specifically designed for individuals who plan to pursue education in the UK and allow you to study legally.

Edvoy’s experienced study abroad consultants can guide you through the process of selecting the right visa type, assist with the visa application process and ensure that you meet all the necessary criteria. We help you navigate the complexities of visa applications, making your journey to study in the UK hassle-free.