What are the costs of studying in Ireland?Updated on: Aug 7, 2023
The cost of studying in Ireland can vary depending on the type of course, the institution you choose, and your personal expenses. Here are some of the costs to consider:
- Tuition fees: The tuition fees for international students in Ireland can range from €9,000 to €45,000 per year, depending on the course and the university.
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation can vary depending on whether you choose to live on or off-campus. On-campus accommodation can cost around €4,000 to €9,000 per year, while off-campus accommodation can cost around €400 to €900 per month.
- Living expenses: You will need to budget for living expenses such as food, transportation, and leisure activities. On average, students can expect to spend around €800 to €1,200 per month on these expenses.
- Health insurance: International students are required to have health insurance while studying in Ireland. This can cost around €120 to €160 per year.
- Visa application: If you are not from the European Union or the European Economic Area, you will need to apply for a student visa to study in Ireland. The visa application fee is €60.
It's important to keep in mind that these costs are estimates and can vary depending on your personal circumstances. It's a good idea to research and budget carefully before deciding to study in Ireland.
For details, check out: Cost of Living Ireland