What kind of part-time job can an international student do in NZ?Updated on: Aug 1, 2023
International students in New Zealand are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time during scheduled holidays. There are several part-time job options available to international students in New Zealand, including:
- Retail and customer service: Many stores and businesses hire part-time staff to assist with customer service, stocking, and sales.
- Hospitality: The hospitality industry in New Zealand is thriving, and there are many opportunities for part-time work in cafes, restaurants, bars, and hotels.
- Tutoring and teaching: International students with expertise in a subject or language can offer tutoring services to other students.
- Office administration: Part-time office jobs such as data entry, reception, and clerical work are available in many industries.
- Event and promotion: Many companies and organizations hire part-time staff to assist with events, promotions, and marketing campaigns.
- Delivery and logistics: Part-time delivery drivers or warehouse staff are often in demand, particularly during busy periods such as the holiday season.
It is important to note that international students should have a valid student visa and work permit before starting any part-time work in New Zealand. It is also recommended to check with your institution's international student office for any specific rules or regulations related to part-time work.