Study level: Postgraduate
Is your undergraduate degree in engineering, mathematics or science? An accredited MSc in Control, Automation and Artificial Intelligence can help you to develop skills that would be beneficial in almost every engineering field from automotive, aircraft industry, power and energy, automation, process industry including oil and gas, food and drink, pharmaceutical industry and many others.
- Control engineering is a means of managing and measuring performance of dynamic systems in areas from power plants and nuclear reactors to construction and manufacturing. The principles of control also extend in activities as diverse as managing risk in the financial sector to studying climate change within science.
- This course is designed to provide a unique route for postgraduates to top up their background with more specialised knowledge and skills in the rich field of control systems, automation and AI relevant to various practical engineering industries as well as research in academia.
- This course aims to provide a combination of theoretical and practical modules with sufficient depth, giving graduates sufficiently strong skills and background to take up professional posts in control, automation and AI within industry and/or research, and to develop themselves further depending on the requirements of the profession.
- If you wish to embark on a career as a technical specialist in analytical aspects of control, automation or AI engineering or if you are a practising engineer looking to stay abreast of important advances and developments, you may want to consider this course.
- Current academics delivering teaching on this course are actively involved in research and consultancy with industry, which ensures your taught materials are based on techniques and technologies currently relevant to industry. Parts of the teaching materials are also offered as CPD training for engineers from industry. (Please note staff may be subject to change).
- You will have the option to apply for a ‘professional work placement’ opportunity2, designed to further develop your skills and knowledge with the aim of maximising your employability prospects. See modules for more information.