This new course has been designed to develop and prepare you for working in the varied and dynamic global event and experiential industry sectors. They are sectors which are vital economically, create numerous employment opportunities, and contribute significantly to people's quality of life. Despite the challenges of the global pandemic, it is a sector which has returned with vigour and excitement, creating extensive opportunities for established event and experiential businesses and new entrepreneurs.
- The course has been designed to develop a deeper understanding of management within a broad number of events and experience industries, including the arts, heritage, music, entertainment, corporate events such as conferences and exhibitions, and many other cultural and creative businesses.
- The course has a strong problem-based teaching approach, grounding theories and assignments in real world event and experience scenarios.
- The course addresses the principles employed in making strategic decisions and the more immediate, dynamic operational decision making, offering insight on leading and managing within these sectors.
- You will develop, upon successful completion, a set of highly transferable management and creative skills which should enable you to excel across international boundaries and cultures.
- You will have the option to apply for a ‘professional experience’ opportunity2, designed to further develop your skills and knowledge with the aim of maximising your employability prospects. See modules for more information.