BA (Hons) Early Childhood Development and Learning with Foundation Year (Scarborough)Coventry University
The strength of the course lies in preparing students, who are unable to follow the more traditional route onto a degree course in Early Childhood Development and Learning.
Students who successfully complete their foundation year will then progress onto the Early Childhood Development and Learning BA (Hons).
Success in this field demands creativity, empathy, logic and a great deal of knowledge alongside the ability to draw upon life experiences. As no two days are the same in this industry, this course focuses on policies, processes, best practices and practical learning to help you understand the key fundamentals of child development. Benefits include:
- Opportunities to engage with students at other international universities and industry experts through initiatives like our Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) project2.
- Conduct critical research with our highly-experienced staff.
- Opportunity to take part in invaluable practical placements2,5 (if taking the Graduate Practitioner route).
- Additional option to work towards obtaining Graduate Practitioner status in early childhood settings*.
- Undertake an investigation into a topic relating to early childhood enabling you to make informed recommendations for future policy, research and practice.
- You are encouraged to draw on your own personal experience and make links between your study at university, your personal experience and your professional practice in the field of early childhood.
- You can explore a range of international perspectives on early childhood, which you can apply to your own research area.
*Subject to meeting all the competencies set out by The Early Childhood Studies Degree Network (ECSDN), which includes securing and passing work-based assessed placements2. Successful completion of all modules (across all three levels) and assessed placements will lead to an Honours degree with Graduate Practitioner Competencies. Please check the ECSDN website for further information.