Our internationally oriented programme offers a global focus on a range of issues surrounding HRM theory, policy and practice, giving you a comprehensive insight into the practical application of theory.
Our MSc is for graduates from a range of backgrounds who are looking for a career in this exciting, challenging and influential area. Global competition means HRM activities such as recruitment, retention, training and development, reward, employment relations, are increasingly vital. Organisational performance is highly dependent on good people management. A key issue is that HR practitioners can and should champion ethical HRM, employee welfare, and responsible business.
Why study this course?
By the end of the programme you will have a high standard of knowledge and understanding of the current practical, intellectual and policy challenges facing practitioners in the field of human resource management. These include:
- The relationship between HRM and business strategy
- The impact of HRM on company performance
- The challenge of developing HRM strategies in an international context
- The implications of new individual and collective employment rights
- Managing change and introducing new forms of work organisation
- Ensuring that employees are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.