Are you seeking to progress your career as a manager and leader in primary, secondary or tertiary education? Our Doctor of Educational Leadership (EdDL) degree focuses on helping you gain high standard professional, organisational and political skills and knowledge to meet the vast challenges associated with improving both public and private educational environments.
The University of Bolton’s EdD in Leadership is designed for working professionals who aspire to be educational leaders. If you’re looking to strengthen your skills for leading groups in high-performing teaching and learning organisations, and connect relevant research with practice, this part-taught doctoral programme can support your career development.
- The EdDL is a high-level, nationally-recognised qualification that has strong higher education kudos and compares exactly to a PhD.
- Professionals who hold a University of Bolton EdDL take back to their organisation a greater knowledge and a higher understanding of today's diverse educational leadership landscape, gained through a programme that is research driven.
- We’ll work with you to help mould your EdDL so that it complements your employment and interests within the research framework.
- You’ll be strongly encouraged to bring your own education leadership-related issues to the table as the basis of your research. The research (thesis) phase requires you to design, implement and disseminate an original research study.
- This partly taught doctorate offers a more efficient format than the independent research project involved in a traditional PhD.
The University of Bolton’s EdD in Leadership is designed for those currently in, or aspiring to, senior or middle leadership roles and responsibilities in schools, colleges, universities or other professional educational and training settings. It’s highly relevant for education practitioners, researchers, policymakers, and scholars interested in exploring leaders and leadership in an educational context, and developing their critique and analyses of best practices to inform decision making at managerial level.
This course is designed for senior educational professionals and leaders working in schools, colleges, and other educational organisations committed to high quality teaching, learning and leadership. Successful completion of this Doctor of Education course will enhance professional effectiveness with the emphasis on leadership, educational reform and managing change. Holders of this qualification will possess skills in organisation and management along with the knowledge and political skills needed to improve both public and private educational environments.
What Can I Do With This Qualification?
Possession of an EdD in Educational Leadership will enhance your career opportunities and can support your progression into senior education leadership and management. This could include senior headships, executive principalships, higher education academic roles, as well as roles managing and leading new academies, and chief executive roles within educational charities.