Are you a qualified teacher, lecturer or other education professional wishing to improve your professional practice and gain access to higher levels of responsibility at work? This flexible postgraduate course offers highly valued skills and knowledge in a range of relevant areas.
Education is fundamental to the future of our young people and the success of our economy. The need for highly trained, passionate and multi-skilled educationalists has never been greater. Aimed at existing education professionals, this course allows you to tailor your studies to meet your individual professional development needs. With a choice of modules covering key areas in education, you can access the knowledge required to achieve higher levels of responsibility and greater satisfaction in your work.
We aim to help you develop an enhanced and critical awareness of current key issues in the education sector, as well as your knowledge and understanding of the principles and theories that underpin best practice in education. As well as reflecting on your own professional practice, we’ll encourage and guide you in formulating creative solutions to complex educational problems.
Our highly experienced and research active team will support you as you develop critical thinking and research evaluation skills and apply these during your independent master’s-level project. You’ll also have the chance to develop enhanced key skills in line with your personal and professional development needs; for instance, team working and leadership, problem solving, autonomy and professional accountability.
- This flexible course allows you to choose modules that match your professional development needs.
- Our students are drawn from a wide variety of backgrounds – sharing the individual and unique educational insights and perspectives of your peers help to enrich your learning experience.
- We promote research and critical enquiry helping you learn to make sound, evidence-based independent judgements.
- You can explore the diversity of educational practice and learn how to balance subject knowledge, theoretical perspectives and professional best practice with creativity and originality in your own classroom and organisation.
- Intensive use of learning technologies and multimedia resources, such as virtual learning environments and eLearning tools, enhance your ICT skills and raise your awareness of resources from across the educational spectrum.
The MEd Professional Development in Education course is an advanced course that focuses on the professional development needs of experienced educationalists. This course offers you the opportunity to develop a range of in-depth skills that are valuable in a number of management and senior roles in education.
A master’s course at the University of Bolton will also help you to develop a range of career-enhancing skills in addition to your subject-specific knowledge and understanding. These include interpersonal skills, research skills, oral and written skills, independent working, and time management skills.