Choosing the right path after completing the 12th class is a crucial choice to make in your educational journey. If you have a science and biology background, you have a wide range of options.
This article aims to provide you with all the essential information you need to know about the science and biology courses after the 12th class that you can study abroad. Whether you’re passionate about engineering, research, or a different field, there’s a course that can help you achieve your goals.
Table of Contents
- Best science and biology courses you should consider
- 1. Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology
- 2. Bachelor’s degree in genetics
- 3. Bachelor’s degree in nutrition
- 4. Bachelor’s degree in food technology
- 5. Bachelor’s degree in microbiology
- 6. Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- 7. Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience
- 8. Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy
- 9. Bachelor’s degree in health care
- 10. Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology
- 11. Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy
- Factors to consider while choosing a course:
- 11 courses after 12th science biology you can study abroad: Your questions answered!
So let’s explore 11 courses after 12th science biology stream of study to study abroad, that you may want to choose from.
Best science and biology courses you should consider
1. Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology
Biotechnology is at the forefront of scientific innovation. A bachelor’s in biotechnology will introduce you to various advancements in the field of science, including genetic engineering, microbiology and techniques used in biotech research. This field offers diverse career opportunities in research, development, and health sciences.
2. Bachelor’s degree in genetics
Genetics is one of the most sought-after fields related to science and biology background. It explains the science behind how the biological mechanisms of living bodies work and provides students with extensive knowledge about genes, human evolution, and heredity. This field offers opportunities to students wanting to pursue a career in genetic engineering or lab research.
3. Bachelor’s degree in nutrition
An important and interesting field of study, nutrition decides our health and lifestyle. This field of study focuses on the science of nutrition and dieting practices, preparing you for a career as a nutritionist or dietician in various environments like fitness centres, hospitals, and clinics. Nutritionists and dieticians play a vital role in promoting health and wellness.
4. Bachelor’s degree in food technology
Similar to nutrition, food technology helps us understand the technological advancements in the food industry. It gives a clear view of various technologies like food processing, preservation, food quality and safety.
Graduates in food technology can pursue careers in sectors like food packaging, food processing, food manufacturing, and food research laboratories, to name a few. They can also work as a food writer and write content for books, magazines, and television shows.
5. Bachelor’s degree in microbiology
Microbiology deals with microorganisms and plays a crucial role in medicine and research. Microbiology has contributed to multiple medical advancements and is rapidly evolving with modern technology.
There are many courses on microbiology covering topics related to the treatment of diseases and medication. These courses open up multiple career options for students in research, health sciences, microbiology, biotechnology, food, pharmaceutical, and veterinary sectors.
6. Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
Pharmaceutical studies deal with the study of medical drugs, their production and dispensation. This field requires ongoing education to stay updated on the latest medications, treatments, and practices in the industry.
Courses in pharmaceutical studies provide knowledge about various medical drugs, their mechanisms, and interactions. Pharmacy programs offer opportunities in different health care settings, such as hospitals, pharmacies, and other health care facilities.
7. Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience
Neuroscience is the study of complex neural systems and includes subjects like molecular biology and cognitive processing. Many neuroscience programs include hands-on laboratory work and research experience.
Students may work on experiments and contribute to ongoing research projects. Graduates with neuroscience degrees can pursue their careers in research positions and health care, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and neuroimaging.
8. Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy
Occupational therapy is a health care profession that helps people with physical or mental challenges to engage in daily activities or occupations. Hence the name "occupational therapy". Occupational therapists work in various settings, such as hospitals, rehabilitation centres, or private workspaces, helping individuals be independent in their daily activities.
There are multiple courses on occupational therapy. These courses provide students with knowledge of the practices and procedures for helping people overcome their challenges with day-to-day activities.
9. Bachelor’s degree in health care
Health care is a crucial aspect of a society’s well-being, involving multiple medical services, from preventive care and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation. Health care is an industry that involves medical services and facilities for maintaining and improving people’s health. Health care degrees offer opportunities for students to begin their careers as health care specialists or assistants in different medical environments.
10. Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology
Molecular biology covers the molecular basis of biological activity, including biomolecular synthesis, mechanisms, and interactions. With a molecular biology degree, you may find roles within biotechnology companies, creating and improving products and processes for medicine using biological organisms.
11. Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is one of the health professions that maintain or restore health through physical examination, diagnosis, management, and rehabilitation. This field provides numerous career opportunities for students in various environments, including hospitals, gyms, sports centres, and other medical facilities.
These are among the many options available for students with a science and biology background. When choosing a course, it is important to consider your interests, career goals and the market demand for professionals in the chosen field of study.
Explore Biology courses
- Foundation Biology Courses
- Undergraduate Biology Courses
- Postgraduate Biology Courses
- Doctorate Biology Courses
Factors to consider while choosing a course
- Passion: A primary factor in your decision to pursue higher education abroad is your passion. Choosing a field of study you’re passionate about will keep you motivated throughout your studies and career.
- Research: Identify your academic interests and career goals. Research universities and programs that align with your aspirations. Consider factors like program curriculum, faculty expertise, research opportunities, and industry connections.
- Career opportunities: Research the career prospects of your chosen field of study. Consider factors like job openings, salary, and location.
- Course duration: Different courses have different durations. The course duration depends on the level of study. Usually, bachelor’s courses are 3-4 years long, while master’s courses are 1-2 years long. Some may be longer or shorter than others, depending on several other factors.
- Eligibility criteria: Be aware of the eligibility criteria and admission requirements for your chosen course. Some courses require highly competitive scores in specific examinations. These also include language proficiency tests like the IELTS and TOEFL, for example. Prepare and submit all required documents accurately and on time.
- Financial considerations: One of the most important aspects of higher education is the financial part. The tuition fee, cost of living, travel expenses, scholarships, and miscellaneous costs all add up to the finances. Hence, this will be a major deciding factor for pursuing higher education.
- Scholarships: A scholarship is a financial aid that grants a certain amount of tuition fees for students and reduces their expenses while studying abroad. Edvoy has partnered with many institutions to offer scholarships for students pursuing higher education. It could be academic scholarships or government-funded scholarships.
- Academic scholarships are awarded to students with remarkable academic performance. Institutions choose student profiles with good scores and provide scholarships based on their grades.
- Government-funded scholarships are awarded to students who accept the institution’s offer and pay a certain amount of tuition fees. These scholarships reduce student expenses by waiving a certain amount of tuition fees.
- Please note that Edvoy acts as a platform for you during the application process. Only the university deems your profile eligible and determines the final amount.
- Location: Think about where you want to study, and possibly work after graduation. Some courses may be available in specific countries or institutions. Your choice of country also plays a huge role in deciding your finances, as the living expenses differ for each country.
- Consider factors like climate, proximity to family, and lifestyle preferences when choosing a university and location. Websites like Numbeo provide the cost of living for countries across the globe. This helps you calculate and decide your finances in advance.
- Long-term goals: Analyse your long-term career goals. Some professions may require further education, so prepare yourself accordingly. Having a clear mindset of the career options after graduation helps a lot to make informed decisions.
11 courses after 12th science biology you can study abroad: Your questions answered!
To assist you in your study abroad journey, we’ve collated answers to commonly asked questions about the best courses after 12th science biology for higher studies.
At Edvoy, we pride ourselves on simplifying the study-abroad process for students. If choosing science or biology related courses after 12th class is your choice, you have plenty of options!
What are the high salary courses after 12th biology stream to study abroad?
Finding your interests is important since it will help you choose the right specialisation and career path. Specifically, there are many high salary courses after 12th biology and science stream.
In no particular order, here are the top high salary courses after 12th biology stream:
- Food technology
- Occupational therapy
- Health care
- Molecular biology
What are the best locations to study abroad after 12th biology stream?
The United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand are some of the popular destinations to study after completing 12th class in India.
What are the best universities to study abroad after 12th biology?
We’ve got a list of the best universities to study abroad. Check them out and pursue your dream with Edvoy!
What are the job opportunities abroad for science degree graduates?
Students get opportunities to work in multiple sectors after graduation, depending on their chosen field of study and country. Each country has specific requirements for certain job roles and offers decent pay as well. Depending on the course duration and job opportunities, you can also decide to relocate to the country of your choice.
In conclusion, a science and biology background offers multiple opportunities after the 12th class. Whether you aspire to become a biologist or researcher or work in a different field, there’s a course that can hep you achieve your goals.
The field of science is constantly evolving, and new courses and career opportunities are emerging. Stay updated on the latest developments in your chosen field to make informed decisions about your education and career.
Remember to carefully evaluate your interests, goals, and opportunities in each course to make the best choice for your future. The course and the path you choose now can lead to a fulfilling and successful career.
Edvoy helps you navigate the various courses abroad after the 12th class, making your decision process seamless. Discover the perfect institution to boost your business acumen.
Why compromise? Choose excellence with Edvoy's assistance!