Can I do my MS in Canada and a job in the USA? 

Updated on: Aug 1, 2023

Yes, it is possible to pursue your MS degree in Canada and work in the USA, but it will depend on a few factors such as your citizenship, visa requirements, and work authorisation.

If you are not a citizen of either Canada or the USA, you will need to obtain the necessary visas and work permits to study and work in both countries. As an international student, you will need a study permit to attend school in Canada, and you may also require a work permit to work part-time while you are studying.

To work in the USA after completing your MS degree in Canada, you will need to obtain a work visa or work permit that allows you to work legally in the USA. Some common work visas for foreign nationals include the H-1B visa for skilled workers, the TN visa for Canadian and Mexican citizens under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and the E-3 visa for Australian citizens.

It is important to research the specific requirements and regulations for obtaining these visas and work permits, as they can vary depending on your individual circumstances and the type of work you will be doing in the USA. Additionally, you may need to consult with immigration lawyers or advisors to ensure that you are meeting all of the necessary requirements and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.