Can you work and cover all your studying fees in the USA? 

Updated on: Feb 19, 2024

It is possible for international students to work and earn money to cover their studying fees in the USA, but there are limitations and restrictions on the type and amount of work they can do.

International students on an F-1 student visa are generally allowed to work on campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic year, and full-time during school breaks. However, these jobs may be limited and may not provide enough income to cover all of their expenses.

International students may also be eligible to work off-campus through a program called Optional Practical Training (OPT), which allows them to work in their field of study for up to 12 months after completing their degree. OPT can provide valuable work experience and income, but there are strict eligibility requirements and limitations on the type of work that is allowed.

In addition to these options, some universities offer work-study programs that allow students to work part-time jobs on campus to help cover their expenses. These jobs may include positions such as research assistants, teaching assistants, and administrative assistants.