How to get job opportunities and how do I settle in New Zealand?Updated on: Aug 1, 2023
To find job opportunities in New Zealand, there are several ways you can go about it:
- Online job boards - popular job boards in New Zealand include Seek, Trade Me Jobs, and Indeed.
- Networking - reach out to your personal and professional networks to see if they know of any job openings or can introduce you to people in your desired industry.
- Recruitment agencies - many companies in New Zealand use recruitment agencies to help them find suitable candidates for job openings.
- Company websites - check the websites of companies you're interested in working for to see if they have any job openings listed.
- LinkedIn - create a LinkedIn profile and search for job openings on the platform.
To settle in New Zealand, there are several steps you need to take:
- Apply for a visa - you will need a valid visa to live and work in New Zealand. The type of visa you apply for will depend on your individual circumstances.
- Find accommodation - research the different neighbourhoods in the city you plan to live in and find suitable accommodation.
- Get a job - as mentioned above, there are many ways to find job opportunities in New Zealand.
- Get a bank account - open a bank account to receive your salary and manage your finances.
- Register with a doctor - find a doctor in your area and register with them to ensure you have access to medical care if needed.
- Get a driver's license - if you plan to drive in New Zealand, you will need to get a driver's license.
- Get connected - join local clubs and organisations to meet new people and make connections in your community.