What tests are required to study abroad in Canada from India? 

Updated on: Jul 27, 2023

If you're an Indian student looking to study abroad in Canada, there are a few exams that you may need to take:

  • Language proficiency test: If English is not your first language, you will need to take an English language proficiency test to demonstrate your proficiency. The most commonly accepted tests are the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Some Canadian universities may also accept other language proficiency tests such as the CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment) or the PTE (Pearson Test of English).
  • Standardised tests: Many universities in Canada require international students to take standardised tests, such as the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or ACT (American College Testing) for undergraduate admissions, or the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) for graduate admissions.
  • Academic credentials: You will need to provide transcripts from any schools or universities you have attended, as well as proof of any degrees or certificates you have earned. These documents should be certified and translated into English or French if they are not already in one of these languages.

It's important to note that the specific requirements may vary depending on the university and program you are applying to. Be sure to check the admission requirements of each university you're interested in to make sure you have all the necessary documents and qualifications. Or, check with your preferred study abroad consultant.