Egyptology and Ancient History covers the study of Ancient Egyptian language, literature, history and culture and studying this three-year BA joint honours degree opens up a range of exciting career possibilities by helping you to develop transferable skills, which are highly valued by employers.
You will explore Egyptian art and architecture, ancient Egyptian history and civilisation, archaeology, religion, sex and gender, Ancient and Middle Egypt; Greek and Roman history and society; warfare and empire; and learn a Greek, Latin or Egyptian language.
EGYPTOLOGY AND ANCIENT HISTORY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Students on this course typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- Museum and heritage
- Media and public relations
- Public services
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.