Our English and Gender degree will give you an in-depth understanding of how gender plays a critical role in the lives of women and men, helping you develop a range of transferable skills which are valued by employers.
You will explore literature that influences the cultural and social construction of gender, through the experiences and contributions of women and men to society.
You will be taught by experienced writers whose works have been widely published, broadcast and performed, as well as academic staff internationally recognized for their research.
You can also spend a semester studying in the USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong or Singapore.
ENGLISH LITERATURE WITH GENDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Over 97% of our English Single and Joint Honours graduates are in work and/or further study six months after graduation (97.4% - HESA Performance Indicator sourced from the DLHE survey 2013/14) and English Literature at Swansea is ranked 2nd for graduate prospects (The Guardian University Guide 2016).
Students on this course typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- Media and public relations
- Project administration
- Public services
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.