Highly successful businesses have shown that strategic business decisions need to be driven by data analyses. The ability to gather information from data is an in-demand skill that is valuable in any industry. This is why data analytics is among the fastest-growing professions today. Data analysis requires more than relying on reports and statistical analysis. It requires a balance of technical skills and analytical abilities to determine clear, actionable business solutions.
UC Irvine’s 3-month post-graduate level Accelerated Certificate Program (ACP) in Data Analytics for Business covers a wide array of topics; students will learn the fundamental concepts behind collecting, storing, and analyzing data. Through descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics, students will also learn how to utilize analytic tools and models to reliably forecast trends and behaviors, effectively utilize visualization tools, and create effective strategies.
- Define appropriate business goals for implementing better data-driven decisions
- Develop actionable plans from existing corporate data and initiatives to evaluate the effectiveness of current strategies
- Create and explain data visualizations to support data understanding
- Perform data analysis on various data sets using industry-standard tools
- Utilize a variety of analytics techniques for model training and validation
- Collect, select, describe, profile, and prepare data from various sources for analysis
- Explain the differences between descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics and how each fits into the data analytics workflow
- Develop plans to deploy analytics models, including monitoring, maintenance, and formal review of the project
- Create decision plans to optimize business processes, mitigate risks, and guide decision making
- Communicate model and analytics results to all levels of management
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
The Data Analytics for Business Certificate is a comprehensive program designed for working adults within a wide range of professional backgrounds to develop the skills they need to succeed in this exciting, high-growth field. Learn how to better understand organizational data and business processes in ways that drive results. Specific job titles that would benefit from this program include Business and Data Analysts, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and those professionals looking to broaden their skills.