The programme provides a specialist focus on transactions, markets and global regulatory issues. Modern lawyers need to understand the structure and interplay of both corporate and financial law both at domestic and international level.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- You will focus on key areas such as the legal framework for debt and equity finance, corporate governance and financial regulation. The LLM also offers a unique insight into practising negotiating skills in M&A transactions co-taught by academics and a high-level practitioner.
- The programme covers both the private law focus on the structuring of individual transactions, and the public law focus on the regulation of financial institutions and markets.
- You will be taught by a team of academics with practical experience of transactions and regulatory issues.
- You will benefit from the combined experience of a lecturing team representing a rich diversity of professional and international backgrounds. Theorists and practitioners, litigators and consultants, our lecturers come from more than half-a-dozen countries, including Greece, Spain, UK and South Africa.
- The programme is supported by excellent facilities, including two dedicated law libraries and extensive online resources.
- The programme covers aspects of UK, EU and international law.
The Corporate & Financial Law LLM offers a wealth of courses that will equip you with the necessary theoretical knowledge to develop a successful career in this field.
Most of our courses include perspectives on professional practice and some also include experiential learning activities, such as simulations of acquisition transactions (M&A deals) and analysis of case studies (Law and Markets). These activities are designed to consolidate your understanding of key theoretical concepts by putting them into practice in real-world contexts, and to give you practical experience with documents, drafting skills and analytical frameworks used in a professional environment.