This is an innovative programme that focuses on the role and relevance of international law in a rapidly changing global security environment. It reflects the breadth of contemporary international security issues, addressing issues as diverse as terrorism, armed conflicts and transnational organised crime.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- If you want to increase your horizons to an international platform, look beyond domestic legal orders and learn about global security issues, this LLM is ideal for you.
- You will be taught by an excellent team that truly understands international issues, with staff drawn from Canada, Germany, Scotland, Greece and Uzbekistan.
- You will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to work as security consultant or practitioner with governments, international organizations and NGOs.
- The programme includes optional participation in a student trip to Geneva.
- We offer excellent facilities including our dedicated School of Law library; our main University library also contains our extensive collection of legal materials and official publications and is a European Documentation Centre.
- The programme is based on small-group, seminar-style teaching by experts in the field. The programme is complemented by guest speaker events and research workshops, allowing students to get involved with leading academics from outside Glasgow.
There is a high demand for law professionals with expertise in international law and security. You will be well placed for roles in international institutions, government departments (ministries of foreign affairs, defence, justice, home affairs, and development), non-governmental organisations and law firms.