Why this programme
- The Masters in Gender History is the only course of its kind in Britain, offering specialised tuition in the gendered analysis of the past.
- It is run by the Centre for Gender History, which is home to the largest concentration of gender historians in Britain and offers an unparalleled environment for study and research in this field.
- On this programme you will receive expert tuition in the theoretical and methodological approaches to gender history and their application to a wide range of historical and cultural contexts. The course is taught by world-leading scholars in gender history, committed to developing and deepening your own research interests.
- As a student within the Centre for Gender History, you will become a member of a vibrant and unique research centre, with a thriving postgraduate community and a programme of tailored workshops, research seminars, and knowledge exchange events.
- Activities run annually by the Centre include a postgraduate gender history reading group, a high-profile research seminar series, and a public lecture in Global Gender History. The Centre also regularly hosts visiting international scholars.
- The Centre for Gender History fosters close ties with Glasgow’s world-class museums, galleries and libraries, including Glasgow Women’s Library, the only accredited museum in the UK dedicated to women’s lives, histories and achievements.
Listed below are the documents required to apply for this course.