Why this programme
- This programme is designed for those who want to pursue a career in political communication, offering you a range of theoretical insights and analytical tools and skills that will be beneficial for a broad range of careers.
- You will engage in discussions about the role of mass media and new media in society, the ways in which politicians and citizens use media, and the quality of public deliberation.
- You will also explore themes such as the effects of media and communications on public opinion and public policy, the ways in which political parties communicate their messages, and how digital media shapes politics.
- You will engage with a range of perspectives from political science and communications especially, but also psychology, sociology, computing science and big data analytics, and economics.
- Our programme is unique in Scotland and one of few political communication programmes based in a Politics department in the UK, rather than in communications or media studies.
- We have a diverse and vibrant student body with students from all over the world. You will share courses with students from other programmes in the school, which enriches the liveliness and breadth of experience for all. Like our students, research staff come from many different places.
Listed below are the documents required to apply for this course.