Doctorate Courses in New Zealand
Studying for a Doctorate degree in New Zealand is an excellent choice to further your skills, increase your job prospects, and put your life on a new trajectory. There are a host of amazing courses from 5 universities on offer. It all comes down to what subject you want to study and what type of institution you’re looking for. Upon completion, you can apply for a post-study work visa and look for work in New Zealand. This is an excellent opportunity to stay abroad and enhance your career.
Have a look below and find your future course.
Top 5 Doctorate universities in New Zealand
- University of Waikato
- University of Otago
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
Doctorate fees in New Zealand
Doctorate fees vary in New Zealand depending on the institution. It’s important you check the details of where you’re applying.
If the costs seem too much, you can also apply for scholarships to help with the financing of your studies.
However, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate in New Zealand - £3,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate in New Zealand - £41,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate in New Zealand
You will need a visa when studying abroad. Visit the government’s website to start this process. The costs you will be expected to pay are featured below.
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
Studying Doctorate in New Zealand eligibility criteria
To be eligible to study in New Zealand , you must have a specific set of documents. You will generally require the documents listed below, though the specific ones you need will depend on the institution and your test scores.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate qualification in New Zealand
After your studies you will get the opportunity to stay back in New Zealand with a post-study work visa.
You can apply for this on the government’s website.
This is a good time to look for a job to put your newly qualified skills to use and enhance your career.
See below for how long you’ll be able to stay.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
Top Doctorate Courses in the New Zealand
- PhD CommerceUniversity of OtagoNZ$6,921
- DCom CommerceUniversity of OtagoNZ$6,921
- PhD Arts and MusicUniversity of OtagoNZ$7,124
- PhD TheologyUniversity of OtagoNZ$7,124
- LittD Doctor of LiteratureUniversity of OtagoNZ$7,124
- PhD LawUniversity of OtagoNZ$7,702
- LLD Doctor of Laws - LawUniversity of OtagoNZ$7,702
- MusD Doctor of MusicUniversity of OtagoNZ$8,316
- DSc Doctor of ScienceUniversity of OtagoNZ$8,316
- Doctor of PhilosophyMassey UniversityNZ$8,780
- Institutions offering the courses5
- Count of courses122
- Fee range (min-max)£3,000 - £41,000