Doctorate Courses in UK
Studying for a Doctorate degree in United Kingdom is an excellent choice to further your skills, increase your job prospects, and put your life on a new trajectory. There are a host of amazing courses from 83 universities on offer. It all comes down to what subject you want to study and what type of institution you’re looking for. Upon completion, you can apply for a post-study work visa and look for work in United Kingdom. This is an excellent opportunity to stay abroad and enhance your career.
Have a look below and find your future course.
Top 10 Doctorate universities in United Kingdom
- University of Liverpool
- University of Glasgow
- Newcastle University
- Cardiff University
- University of Essex
- University of Birmingham
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Abertay
- Swansea University
Doctorate fees in United Kingdom
Doctorate fees vary in United Kingdom depending on the institution. It’s important you check the details of where you’re applying.
If the costs seem too much, you can also apply for scholarships to help with the financing of your studies.
However, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate in United Kingdom - £3,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate in United Kingdom - £55,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate in United Kingdom
You will need a visa when studying abroad. Visit the government’s website to start this process. The costs you will be expected to pay are featured below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
To be eligible to study in United Kingdom , you must have a specific set of documents. You will generally require the documents listed below, though the specific ones you need will depend on the institution and your test scores.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate qualification in United Kingdom
After your studies you will get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
You can apply for this on the government’s website.
This is a good time to look for a job to put your newly qualified skills to use and enhance your career.
See below for how long you’ll be able to stay.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Courses in the United Kingdom
- DMgt DMan Doctor of Management (Taught Doctorate Degree)Cardiff Metropolitan University£3,000
- D. Foren. Psy. Forensic PsychologyCardiff Metropolitan University£3,000
- MRes Health Data in PracticeQueen Mary University of London£4,500
- EngD Formulation EngineeringUniversity of Birmingham£4,500
- PhD with Integrated Study Topological DesignUniversity of Birmingham£4,500
- PhD with Integrated Studies Structural Metallic Systems for Gas Turbine ApplicationsUniversity of Birmingham£4,500
- PhD with Integrated Studies Innovative Metal ProcessingUniversity of Birmingham£4,500
- EdD Professional Doctorate in Educational LeadershipUniversity of Bolton£6,000
- EdD Doctor of EducationUniversity of Bolton£6,000
- Professional Doctorate Healthcare ScienceStaffordshire University£6,300
- Institutions offering the courses83
- Count of courses4188
- Fee range (min-max)£3,000 - £55,000