Postgraduate Law Courses in New Zealand
New Zealand offers a host of amazing Postgraduate Law courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in New Zealand with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 4 Postgraduate Law universities in New Zealand
Postgraduate Law fees in New Zealand
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Postgraduate Law in New Zealand - £7,236
- Maximum fees Postgraduate Law in New Zealand - £9,648
Student’s visa cost for studying Postgraduate Law in New Zealand
Before moving to study in New Zealand you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|New Zealand student visa
|NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.
Studying Postgraduate Law in New Zealand eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in New Zealand. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Postgraduate Law qualification in New Zealand
Once you’ve completed your studies in New Zealand you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in New Zealand and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Name of post-study work visa
|Length of time to stay in country
|Post-study work visa
Top Postgraduate Law Courses in the New Zealand
- GDipCom Commercial LawVictoria University of Wellington£15,472
- Postgraduate Diploma in Construction - Construction Law - level 8Massey University£15,920
- LLM LawUniversity of Waikato£16,238
- LLM (Māori/Pacific/Indigenous) LawUniversity of Waikato£16,238
- LLM Master of Laws by research portfolioVictoria University of Wellington£17,160
- MBHL LawUniversity of Otago£18,106
- LLM Master of Laws by dissertation and courseworkVictoria University of Wellington£18,463
- LLM Master of Laws by thesisVictoria University of Wellington£18,463
- GDipBHL LawUniversity of Otago£18,596
- LLM LawUniversity of Otago
13+ courses available
Explore, filter and shortlist now
- Postgraduate International Relations in New Zealand
- Postgraduate Governmental Affairs in New Zealand
- Postgraduate Peace And Conflict Studies in New Zealand
- Postgraduate Public Policy in New Zealand