Postgraduate Sociology Courses in US
United States offers a host of amazing Postgraduate Sociology courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United States with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 8 Postgraduate Sociology universities in United States
- Arizona State University
- Colorado Mesa University
- University at Albany
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Kent State University
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Wichita State University
Postgraduate Sociology fees in United States
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Postgraduate Sociology in United States - £7,000
- Maximum fees Postgraduate Sociology in United States - £35,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Postgraduate Sociology in United States
Before moving to study in United States you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
Studying Postgraduate Sociology in United States eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United States. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Postgraduate Sociology qualification in United States
Once you’ve completed your studies in United States you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United States and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
Top Postgraduate Sociology Courses in the United States
- GradCert Social Science (Online)Colorado Mesa University
- M.A. SociologyUniversity of North Carolina at Greensboro$11,004
- GradCert Social ScienceColorado Mesa University
- MA SociologyUniversity of Colorado Denver$17,511
- MS Social ScienceUniversity of Colorado Denver$17,511
- M.A. SociologyKent State University$21,952
- MA SociologyWichita State University$24,204
- MA Social StudiesUniversity at Albany$26,001
- MA SociologyUniversity at Albany$26,001
- Certificate SociologyUniversity of Nebraska Omaha$35,694
- Postgraduate Community Practice in US
- Postgraduate Sociology Of Science in US
- Postgraduate Sociology Of Autism in US
- Postgraduate Community Organizing in US
- Postgraduate Leisure Studies in US
- Postgraduate Disability Studies in US
- Postgraduate Urban Studies Or Urban Sociology in US
- Postgraduate Social work in US
- Postgraduate Sociology Of Terrorism in US
- Postgraduate Conservation Science in US
- Institutions offering the courses8
- Count of courses13
- Count of UG courses81
- Count of PG courses13
- Count of Doctorate courses6
- Fee range (min-max)£7,000 - £35,000