Are there any STEM courses in fashion designing in the USA?Updated on: Sep 21, 2023
Yes, there are some STEM courses in fashion designing available in the USA. These courses combine the principles of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) with the creative and artistic aspects of fashion design. There are several universities in the USA that offer STEM courses in fashion design.
Here are some examples:
- Cornell University - offers a Bachelor of Science in Fiber Science & Apparel Design, which includes courses in textile science, apparel design, and fiber technology.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - offers a course in Advanced Functional Fabrics of Soft Machines, which explores the development of soft, wearable technology and the use of functional fabrics in fashion.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) - offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion, which includes courses in CAD, textile design, and sustainable fashion.
- Drexel University - offers a course in Fashion Materials and Sustainability, which explores the use of sustainable materials in fashion and the environmental impact of fashion production and consumption.
- University of California, Davis - offers a course in Fashion Design and Technology, which covers CAD, digital printing, and other advanced technologies used in the fashion industry.
These are just a few examples, and there are a few other universities across the USA that offer STEM courses in fashion design. Students can research and compare different programs to find the one that best suits their interests and career goals.
- STEM Courses in USA: Universities, Eligibility, Admission, Job Prospects
- 5 quirky jobs you can do with your STEM degree
- 8 unusual jobs for STEM graduates
- 8 STEM courses at the University of Liverpool to look out for
- Do I have to have STEM education for a successful future?
- Are STEM PhDs free in the US for international students?
- Can a commerce student study a STEM MBA in the USA?
- How can I do well in STEM courses in the US?
- Is Economics considered a STEM field in the US?
- Is Management Engineering under the STEM strand in the US?