Do you want to take your career in retail to the next level? The University of Bolton’s MBA in Retail Management explores the skills required to tackle complex, strategic business challenges in one of the largest economic sectors. This stimulating course aims to prepare you for a career at senior management level.
At the University of Bolton we pride ourselves in delivering higher level qualifications that are designed in consultation with the private sector, helping this MBA course benefit from truly international recognition amongst employers. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Retail Management is a full-time career development programme for those with previous management experience, designed specifically to prepare you for a career in retail management. It focuses on developing the strategic thinking skills needed in today’s global retail economy.
We’ll guide you to develop vital skills and knowledge of different retail organisations, their management and supply chains, and help you explore creative and systematic approaches to understanding business issues. We’ll also support you to develop the knowledge needed to improve business and management practice, in addition to encouraging you to build your intellectual capabilities in research, critique and synthesis.
- This MBA qualification is designed to prepare you for a wide range of retail occupations - the skills and knowledge gained by graduates of this course are intentionally focussed on those highly prized by employers.
- You’ll have opportunities to engage directly with local and regional organisations, many with an internationally significant presence.
- Teaching and supervision is delivered by a dedicated team of experienced and well-qualified staff drawn from business and academia.
- This MBA course offers you the chance to join a well-established postgraduate community and study alongside fellow professionals aiming for a senior career in management.
- You’ll also have opportunities to work with our experienced academics to undertake your own research and develop your own areas of expertise.
No matter what part of industry or commerce you work in, the Bolton MBA is designed to help you gain a critical understanding of the problems and challenges facing retail enterprises and organisations and equip you with the analytical and critical faculties to identify potential solutions. As a graduate, you’ll possess an overview of the key business practices, and further skills in areas such as operational management, marketing, strategic planning and accounting relevant to the retail context.
An MBA is often a route to promotion or a career change. Retailers around the world seek out business and management professionals with an MBA. Every business, from tiny start-ups to large companies, need someone with experience and the necessary education to support common business processes like accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, public relations, sales, and management.