Masters in Medicine Courses in US
United States offers a host of amazing Masters in Medicine courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United States with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Masters in Medicine universities in United States
- Kent State University
- University of Colorado Denver
- New York Institute of Technology
- Arizona State University
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Drew University
- Long Island University Brooklyn
- Long Island University Post
- Marshall University
- Suffolk University
Masters in Medicine fees in United States
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Masters in Medicine in United States - £11,852
- Maximum fees Masters in Medicine in United States - £33,976
Student’s visa cost for studying Masters in Medicine in United States
Before moving to study in United States you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|USA student visa
|USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.
Studying Masters in Medicine in United States eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United States. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Masters in Medicine qualification in United States
Once you’ve completed your studies in United States you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United States and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Name of post-study work visa
|Length of time to stay in country
|Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Top Masters in Medicine Courses in the United States
There are many different types of specialisations you can look into when choosing to study Masters in Medicine courses in United States. Have a look below and see if there is something you would like to focus on.
- MBA/MD Business Administration - Medicine (Dual)University of Colorado Denver£15,035
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Science and Medical WritingUniversity of North Carolina at Wilmington£15,925
- MS Medical SciencesMarshall University£16,977
- Pre-Medicine/Pre-Osteopathy Advising ProgramKent State University£17,345
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine Advising ProgramKent State University£17,345
- DO Osteopathic Medicine Émigré Physicians ProgramNew York Institute of Technology£21,903
- MS Medical/Healthcare SimulationNew York Institute of Technology£21,903
- MMH Medical HumanitiesDrew University£24,613
- MS Medical DosimetrySuffolk University£26,351
- MS Drug Regulatory AffairsLong Island University Brooklyn£31,408
14+ courses available
Explore, filter and shortlist now
- Postgraduate Pharmacology in US
- Postgraduate Veterinary Medicine in US
- Postgraduate Psychiatry in US
- Postgraduate Family Systems Theory in US
- Postgraduate Public Health in US
- Postgraduate Exercise Science in US
- Postgraduate Nutrition in US
- Postgraduate Surgery in US
- Postgraduate Jazz Studies in US
- Postgraduate Mental Health in US
Yes. As long as you meet the criteria, nothing is stopping you from studying there. There will be plenty of other international students there as well.
There are plenty of jobs for international students after studying, it does not matter where you are from. The important thing is completing your qualification and ensuring you meet the requirements for the jobs you apply for.
You can apply for a post-study work visa which will allow you to stay back after completing your studies.
Costs vary depending on where you live, your daily routine, the institution you apply for, and many other things - it is impossible to put a figure down as there are so many variables. If money is a concern, check out what scholarships are available that you are eligible for.