Doctorate Electronic Engineering Courses Abroad
Choosing to study Doctorate in Electronic Engineering abroad is a decision that will hugely benefit your future.
With a Doctorate in Electronic Engineering you will excel in the subject and set yourself up for a prosperous career.
You can choose from over 25 institutions offering 49 Doctorate courses in Electronic Engineering.
Fees start from £6,328 up to £17,038. The actual cost will depend on your chosen institution, so do make sure you check. If costs are a concern, many scholarships available can help with funding. Each scholarship has different criteria to qualify for but can help cover living costs and tuition fees.
You must also have a suitable background when applying for Doctorate in Electronic Engineering. Different universities will have different requirements, so check their criteria before applying.
You will also likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 10 Doctorate in Electronic Engineering universities abroad
- University of Essex
- University of Glasgow
- Swansea University
- University of Liverpool
- Bangor University
- Brunel University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Queen Mary University of London
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Waikato
Doctorate in Electronic Engineering fees abroad
There’s no way around tuition fees (unless you have a scholarship of course) as they are a necessity to study Doctorate in Electronic Engineering. Fees can be higher or lower depending on which country you decide to study in and the university.
To find out what you’ll need to pay, please look to your chosen university for Doctorate in Electronic Engineering.
To help you get a general idea, we’ve identified the minimum and maximum fees below.
Don’t forget there are many scholarships available that you can apply for to help reduce costs.
The minimum fees for Doctorate in Electronic Engineering are £6,328.
The maximum fees for Doctorate in Electronic Engineering are £17,038.
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate in Electronic Engineering abroad
Most countries require students to take a student visa before studying there. There are costs associated with applying, which vary depending on the country. The table below outlines the costs you’ll be expected to pay.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Doctorate in Electronic Engineering abroad eligibility criteria
When applying to study abroad, there is a set list of documents that you will need. The specific requirements depend on the country as well as the institution. In general, however, you will need the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Each university will outline the minimum score for each test before you apply, as well as any other additional document you may need, such as a portfolio.
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate in Electronic Engineering qualification
Once you’ve finished your course, you will have the option to stay back in the country and look for work. In order to do so, you will have to apply for a post-study work permit.
Countries have different types of permits that differ in how long you can stay back for. The table below outlines the length of time each permit lets you stay in each country.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Doctorate Electronic Engineering Courses
- MPhil ElectronicsUniversity of WaikatoNZ$28,675
- PhD Electronic and Electrical EngineeringLondon South Bank University£14,900
- PhD (Electronic Engineering)University of South Wales£15,000
- MSc by Research (Electronic Engineering)University of South Wales£15,000
- PhD ElectronicsUniversity of WaikatoNZ$32,577
- PhD in Electronics and Electrical EngineeringLiverpool John Moores University£16,100
- MPhil in Electronics and Electrical EngineeringLiverpool John Moores University£16,100
- MPhil Computing and Electronic SystemsUniversity of Essex£16,230
- PhD Computing and Electronic SystemsUniversity of Essex£17,900
- MSc (by Dissertation) Computing and Electronic SystemsUniversity of Essex£17,900
- Doctorate in Marketing
- Doctorate in Public Administration
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering
- Doctorate in Engineering And Technology
- Doctorate in Biomolecular Engineering
- Doctorate in Instrumentation Engineering
- Doctorate in Semiconductors
- Doctorate in Chemical Engineering
- Doctorate in Industrial Engineering
- Doctorate in Complex Systems