Foundation Computer Sciences Courses Abroad
Choosing to study Foundation in Computer Sciences abroad is a decision that will hugely benefit your future.
With a Foundation in Computer Sciences you will excel in the subject and set yourself up for a prosperous career.
You can choose from over 9 institutions offering 32 Foundation courses in Computer Sciences.
Fees start from £6,072 up to £17,610. The actual cost will depend on your chosen institution, so do make sure you check. If costs are a concern, many scholarships available can help with funding. Each scholarship has different criteria to qualify for but can help cover living costs and tuition fees.
You must also have a suitable background when applying for Foundation in Computer Sciences. Different universities will have different requirements, so check their criteria before applying.
You will also likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 9 Foundation in Computer Sciences universities abroad
- Cambridge Education Group
- Columbia College
- Coventry University
- Heriot-Watt University Dubai
- Northumbria University
- Oregon State University
- Oxford Brookes University
- University College Birmingham
- University of Salford
Foundation in Computer Sciences fees abroad
There’s no way around tuition fees (unless you have a scholarship of course) as they are a necessity to study Foundation in Computer Sciences. Fees can be higher or lower depending on which country you decide to study in and the university.
To find out what you’ll need to pay, please look to your chosen university for Foundation in Computer Sciences.
To help you get a general idea, we’ve identified the minimum and maximum fees below.
Don’t forget there are many scholarships available that you can apply for to help reduce costs.
The minimum fees for Foundation in Computer Sciences are £6,072.
The maximum fees for Foundation in Computer Sciences are £17,610.
Student’s visa cost for studying Foundation in Computer Sciences abroad
Most countries require students to take a student visa before studying there. There are costs associated with applying, which vary depending on the country. The table below outlines the costs you’ll be expected to pay.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Foundation in Computer Sciences abroad eligibility criteria
When applying to study abroad, there is a set list of documents that you will need. The specific requirements depend on the country as well as the institution. In general, however, you will need the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Each university will outline the minimum score for each test before you apply, as well as any other additional document you may need, such as a portfolio.
Post-study work permit after completing Foundation in Computer Sciences qualification
Once you’ve finished your course, you will have the option to stay back in the country and look for work. In order to do so, you will have to apply for a post-study work permit.
Countries have different types of permits that differ in how long you can stay back for. The table below outlines the length of time each permit lets you stay in each country.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Foundation Computer Sciences Courses
- University Transfer Computer ScienceColumbia CollegeCA$17,100
- Degree Entry Programme (Foundation) Engineering/ComputingHeriot-Watt University DubaiAED47,699
- International Foundation Year - Computer ScienceUniversity of Salford£13,750
- FdSc Computer ScienceUniversity College Birmingham£14,000
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP) Engineering and Sciences 3 Term - University of SunderlandCambridge Education Group£14,985
- Foundation Computing FoundationOxford Brookes University£15,500
- International Foundation Year - ComputingCoventry University£16,000
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP) Computing, Engineering and Sciences 3 Term - University of HullCambridge Education Group£16,485
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP) Engineering and Sciences 3 Term - University of Central LancashireCambridge Education Group£16,890
- International Year One (Engineering) (IY1) Computing, Engineering and Sciences 3 Term - University of HullCambridge Education Group£16,995
- Foundation in Television
- Foundation in Virtual and Augumented Reality
- Foundation in Computer Graphics
- Foundation in Game Design
- Foundation in Software Design
- Foundation in Information Technology
- Foundation in Cyber Security