How do I obtain a scholarship to study for an MS in Canada?Updated on: Aug 23, 2023
To secure a scholarship for an MS in Canada as an international student:
- Explore universities known for offering scholarships to international MS students.
- Identify scholarships from Canadian government programs, universities, organisations and foundations.
- Review criteria, which often include academics, leadership and country of origin.
- Prepare materials like transcripts, letters of recommendation and a strong statement of purpose.
- Achieve good scores in English proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Apply to desired MS programs at Canadian universities.
- Once admitted, apply for eligible scholarships separately. Tailor essays and documents accordingly.
- Note scholarship application deadlines, which might differ from university deadlines.
- Some scholarships involve interviews. Be ready to articulate your goals.
- Ensure all documents are complete and accurate before submission.
- Monitor communications from scholarship providers.
- If unsuccessful, consider part-time jobs, assistantships or loans for funding.
Given high competition, highlight your strengths in your application and adhere to instructions closely. Organise your efforts, be persistent and apply well before deadlines.