Can I get a scholarship in Canada with A levels?Updated on: Aug 23, 2023
Yes, you can definitely get a scholarship in Canada with A levels. Many Canadian universities recognize A-level qualifications and consider them as part of the admission and scholarship application process for international students. However, eligibility and specific requirements may vary depending on the university and the scholarship you're interested in.
To increase your chances of obtaining a scholarship:
- Academics: Explore Canadian universities that accept A levels and offer scholarships to international students. Maintain high A-level grades and consider taking challenging subjects to demonstrate your academic prowess.
- Tests: Some scholarships may require additional standardised test scores, such as IELTS or TOEFL for English proficiency.
- Extracurricular Activities: Participate in extracurricular activities, leadership roles and community service to showcase a well-rounded profile.
- Strong Application: Craft compelling essays that highlight your achievements, aspirations and how you would contribute to the university community. Obtain recommendation letters from teachers who can vouch for your academic abilities and character.
- Application Timelines: Submit your scholarship applications well before the deadlines to ensure consideration.
Check the specific requirements and available scholarships at the Canadian universities you're interested in. Tailor your application to match their criteria and present a strong case for why you deserve the scholarship. Remember that each scholarship has its own set of criteria and competition can be competitive, so apply to multiple opportunities to maximise your chances.