What are the benefits of doing part-time jobs in New Zealand?Updated on: Aug 1, 2023
There are several benefits of doing part-time jobs in New Zealand, including:
- Earning extra income: One of the most obvious benefits of doing part-time jobs is that it allows you to earn extra income, which can be particularly helpful if you are a student or if you have a low-paying full-time job.
- Gaining work experience: Part-time jobs can provide you with valuable work experience, which can help you build your resume and develop skills that will be useful in your future career.
- Improving your language skills: If English is not your first language, working in a part-time job can help you improve your language skills by allowing you to practice speaking and listening to English on a regular basis.
- Meeting new people: Part-time jobs can also be a great way to meet new people and make new friends, particularly if you work in a customer-facing role.
- Developing time management skills: Balancing work and study or other commitments can be challenging, but it can also help you develop valuable time management skills that will be useful in all areas of your life.
Understanding New Zealand culture: Working in a part-time job can also provide you with an opportunity to learn more about New Zealand culture and customs, which can be particularly helpful if you are new to the country.