Foundation Health Care Courses Abroad
Choosing to study Foundation in Health Care abroad is a decision that will hugely benefit your future.
With a Foundation in Health Care you will excel in the subject and set yourself up for a prosperous career.
You can choose from over 12 institutions offering 15 Foundation courses in Health Care.
Fees start from £4,848 up to £10,908. The actual cost will depend on your chosen institution, so do make sure you check. If costs are a concern, many scholarships available can help with funding. Each scholarship has different criteria to qualify for but can help cover living costs and tuition fees.
You must also have a suitable background when applying for Foundation in Health Care. Different universities will have different requirements, so check their criteria before applying.
You will also likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 10 Foundation in Health Care universities abroad
- Ara institute of Canterbury
- University of Salford
- Bournemouth University
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Coventry University
- Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology
- London South Bank University
- Northumbria University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Sheffield Hallam University
Foundation in Health Care fees abroad
There’s no way around tuition fees (unless you have a scholarship of course) as they are a necessity to study Foundation in Health Care. Fees can be higher or lower depending on which country you decide to study in and the university.
To find out what you’ll need to pay, please look to your chosen university for Foundation in Health Care.
To help you get a general idea, we’ve identified the minimum and maximum fees below.
Don’t forget there are many scholarships available that you can apply for to help reduce costs.
The minimum fees for Foundation in Health Care are £4,848.
The maximum fees for Foundation in Health Care are £10,908.
Student’s visa cost for studying Foundation in Health Care abroad
Most countries require students to take a student visa before studying there. There are costs associated with applying, which vary depending on the country. The table below outlines the costs you’ll be expected to pay.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Foundation in Health Care abroad eligibility criteria
When applying to study abroad, there is a set list of documents that you will need. The specific requirements depend on the country as well as the institution. In general, however, you will need the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Each university will outline the minimum score for each test before you apply, as well as any other additional document you may need, such as a portfolio.
Post-study work permit after completing Foundation in Health Care qualification
Once you’ve finished your course, you will have the option to stay back in the country and look for work. In order to do so, you will have to apply for a post-study work permit.
Countries have different types of permits that differ in how long you can stay back for. The table below outlines the length of time each permit lets you stay in each country.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Foundation Health Care Courses
- Pre-health Sciences PathwayGeorgian College of Applied Arts and TechnologyCA$14,150
- Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 4) - Community FacilitationAra institute of CanterburyNZ$24,365
- Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 4) - Mental Health and Addiction SupportAra institute of CanterburyNZ$24,365
- Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 4) - Social ServicesAra institute of CanterburyNZ$24,365
- FdSc Health and Social CareUniversity College Birmingham£12,500
- FdA Health and Social CareBuckinghamshire New University£12,500
- International Foundation Year - HealthUniversity of Salford£13,750
- International Foundation Year - Health (Prosthetics and Orthotics)University of Salford£13,750
- FdSc Health CareOxford Brookes University£13,900
- FdSc Health and Social CareUniversity of Northampton£14,000
- Foundation in Childhood Studies
- Foundation in Dentistry
- Foundation in Physical Fitness
- Foundation in Internal Medicine
- Foundation in Physical Therapy
- Foundation in Public Health
- Foundation in Exercise Science
- Foundation in Nutrition
- Foundation in Nursing
- Foundation in Veterinary Medicine