Informatics Courses Abroad
If you want to study Informatics, then studying abroad is the right choice! With a qualification in Informatics you can deepen your understanding of the subject and open the doors to a fulfilling career. You have many options to consider, from which country to study in (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand) to what type of university would best suit you.
We have over 27 institutions to choose from offering 18 undergraduate courses, 29 postgraduate courses, and 18 Doctorates, all in Informatics.
The typical fees for studying Informatics range from £4,079 up to £62,002. You may also qualify for a scholarship to help with the funding. These can cover expenses such as tuition fees as well as living costs. You need to ensure you have the right background to apply for Informatics and carefully consider the university’s requirements to study there.
You will likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 10 Informatics universities abroad
- University of Otago
- Arizona State University
- Keele University
- University of Glasgow
- University of Strathclyde
- Cardiff University
- Sacred Heart University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Swansea University
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
Informatics fees abroad
Tuition fees are an essential requirement you must pay if you want to study Informatics. These fees can vary dramatically depending on the country and university you choose to study as well as your level of study.
To give a rough idea, we have outlined the minimum and maximum fees you will be expected to pay.
To find out the exact tuition fees you will be required to pay, please refer to your chosen university for Informatics.
There are also scholarships available to help you cover costs if you meet the requirements.
The minimum fees for Informatics are £4,079.
The maximum fees for Informatics are £62,002.
Student visa cost for studying Informatics abroad
To study Informatics abroad you will need a student visa. The visa will vary in cost depending on where you want to study.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Informatics abroad eligibility criteria
To study Informatics abroad, you need a set list of documents. The exact requirements differ depending on which country you want to study in. However, in general, you are expected to have the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
For any test results, the minimum score you need will depend on the university you are applying to.
Post-study work permit after completing Informatics qualification
Once you have completed your qualification in Informatics, you will be entitled to apply for a post-study work permit. This permit will allow you to stay behind in the country you studied in in order to find work. The table below outlines how long you can stay in each country.
Each country has different rules regarding applying and when, so make sure you read up on what you need to do so you don’t miss out.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Informatics Courses
- BS Computer Science and information Technology - Health Informatics ConcentrationTrine University$6,900
- Master of Science in Information StudiesTrine University$6,900
- New Zealand Diploma in Library and Information Studies (Level 5)The Open Polytechnic of New ZealandNZ$13,920
- M.S. Informatics and AnalyticsUniversity of North Carolina at Greensboro$11,004
- Diploma Library and Information TechnologyUniversity of the Fraser ValleyCA$15,744
- Post Diploma Certificate Library TechnicianUniversity of the Fraser ValleyCA$15,744
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Informatics (Level 8)Waikato Institute of TechnologyNZ$23,747
- Graduate Certificate Healthcare InformaticsSacred Heart University$14,775
- PGDip Health InformaticsSwansea University£13,200
- BSc (Hons) Data Science with Applied Business Informatics with Foundation YearKeele University£14,000
- Video Game Design
- Television Studies
- Game Design
- Social Network Analysis
- Intelligence Analysis Management
- Information Technology
- Machine Learning
- Computer Graphics
- Cloud Computing