Information Technology Courses Abroad
If you want to study Information Technology, then studying abroad is the right choice! With a qualification in Information Technology you can deepen your understanding of the subject and open the doors to a fulfilling career. You have many options to consider, from which country to study in (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand) to what type of university would best suit you.
We have over 118 institutions to choose from offering 232 undergraduate courses, 134 postgraduate courses, and 4 Doctorates, all in Information Technology.
The typical fees for studying Information Technology range from £607 up to £28,540. You may also qualify for a scholarship to help with the funding. These can cover expenses such as tuition fees as well as living costs. You need to ensure you have the right background to apply for Information Technology and carefully consider the university’s requirements to study there.
You will likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 10 Information Technology universities abroad
- University of Southern Queensland
- Waikato Institute of Technology
- Conestoga College
- Westcliff University
- Arizona State University
- Birmingham City University
- Universal College of Learning
- Seattle Central College
- Eastern Institute Of Technology
- Sheffield Hallam University
Information Technology fees abroad
Tuition fees are an essential requirement you must pay if you want to study Information Technology. These fees can vary dramatically depending on the country and university you choose to study as well as your level of study.
To give a rough idea, we have outlined the minimum and maximum fees you will be expected to pay.
To find out the exact tuition fees you will be required to pay, please refer to your chosen university for Information Technology.
There are also scholarships available to help you cover costs if you meet the requirements.
The minimum fees for Information Technology are £607.
The maximum fees for Information Technology are £28,540.
Student visa cost for studying Information Technology abroad
To study Information Technology abroad you will need a student visa. The visa will vary in cost depending on where you want to study.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Information Technology abroad eligibility criteria
To study Information Technology abroad, you need a set list of documents. The exact requirements differ depending on which country you want to study in. However, in general, you are expected to have the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
For any test results, the minimum score you need will depend on the university you are applying to.
Post-study work permit after completing Information Technology qualification
Once you have completed your qualification in Information Technology, you will be entitled to apply for a post-study work permit. This permit will allow you to stay behind in the country you studied in in order to find work. The table below outlines how long you can stay in each country.
Each country has different rules regarding applying and when, so make sure you read up on what you need to do so you don’t miss out.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Information Technology Courses
- GradCert Information Technology Project Management (Kitchener – Downtown)Conestoga College
- GradCert Information Technology Project Management (Waterloo)Conestoga College
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4)The Open Polytechnic of New ZealandNZ$2,100
- Bachelor of IT ManagementWarsaw University of Business€2,900
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology (Level 7)The Open Polytechnic of New ZealandNZ$6,960
- PGCertIT Postgraduate Certificate in Information TechnologyEastern Institute Of TechnologyNZ$7,800
- PGCertIT Postgraduate Certificate in Information Technology (Online)Eastern Institute Of TechnologyNZ$7,800
- GradCert Information Technology Business Analysis (Brantford)Conestoga CollegeCA$23,074.5
- GradCert Information Technology Business Analysis (Guelph)Conestoga CollegeCA$23,074.5
- GradCert Information Technology Business Analysis (Kitchener - Doon)Conestoga CollegeCA$23,074.5
- Information Design
- Cyber Security
- Intelligence Analysis Management
- Social Network Analysis
- Game Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Quantum Computing
- Television Studies