Mental Health Courses Abroad
If you want to study Mental Health, then studying abroad is the right choice! With a qualification in Mental Health you can deepen your understanding of the subject and open the doors to a fulfilling career. You have many options to consider, from which country to study in (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand) to what type of university would best suit you.
We have over 95 institutions to choose from offering 86 undergraduate courses, 135 postgraduate courses, and 17 Doctorates, all in Mental Health.
The typical fees for studying Mental Health range from £2,000 up to £35,000. You may also qualify for a scholarship to help with the funding. These can cover expenses such as tuition fees as well as living costs. You need to ensure you have the right background to apply for Mental Health and carefully consider the university’s requirements to study there.
You will likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 10 Mental Health universities abroad
- Queen Mary University of London
- City University of London
- University of Otago
- Birmingham City University
- University of Glasgow
- University of North Texas
- Montclair State University
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Abertay
Mental Health fees abroad
Tuition fees are an essential requirement you must pay if you want to study Mental Health. These fees can vary dramatically depending on the country and university you choose to study as well as your level of study.
To give a rough idea, we have outlined the minimum and maximum fees you will be expected to pay.
To find out the exact tuition fees you will be required to pay, please refer to your chosen university for Mental Health.
There are also scholarships available to help you cover costs if you meet the requirements.
The minimum fees for Mental Health are £2,000.
The maximum fees for Mental Health are £35,000.
Student visa cost for studying Mental Health abroad
To study Mental Health abroad you will need a student visa. The visa will vary in cost depending on where you want to study.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Mental Health abroad eligibility criteria
To study Mental Health abroad, you need a set list of documents. The exact requirements differ depending on which country you want to study in. However, in general, you are expected to have the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
For any test results, the minimum score you need will depend on the university you are applying to.
Post-study work permit after completing Mental Health qualification
Once you have completed your qualification in Mental Health, you will be entitled to apply for a post-study work permit. This permit will allow you to stay behind in the country you studied in in order to find work. The table below outlines how long you can stay in each country.
Each country has different rules regarding applying and when, so make sure you read up on what you need to do so you don’t miss out.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Mental Health Courses
- PG Cert Leadership of School Mental Health and WellbeingLeeds Beckett University£2,335
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) with strand in Mental Health and Addiction SupportSouthern Institute of TechnologyNZ$14,300
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Sector Leadership (Level 7)The Open Polytechnic of New ZealandNZ$15,639
- PGCert Mental Health: Research and PracticeUniversity of Nottingham£8,333.33
- GradCert Mental Health and Substance Use (Brantford)Conestoga CollegeCA$14,935
- GradCert Mental Health - Interprofessional PracticeGeorgian College of Applied Arts and TechnologyCA$15,450
- PGCert Mental Health PracticeUniversity of Sussex£9,000
- GradCert Mental Health and Substance Use (Kitchener - Doon)Conestoga CollegeCA$15,383
- GradCert Mental Health and Substance Use (Milton - Parkhill Drive)Conestoga CollegeCA$15,383
- MSc Perinatal Mental HealthUniversity of Limerick€11,734
- Exercise Science
- Health Policy
- Primary Care
- Recreation Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Public Health