Video Game Design Courses Abroad
If you want to study Video Game Design, then studying abroad is the right choice! With a qualification in Video Game Design you can deepen your understanding of the subject and open the doors to a fulfilling career. You have many options to consider, from which country to study in (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand) to what type of university would best suit you.
We have over 13 institutions to choose from offering 29 undergraduate courses, 11 postgraduate courses, and 0 Doctorates, all in Video Game Design.
The typical fees for studying Video Game Design range from £4,858 up to £12,752. You may also qualify for a scholarship to help with the funding. These can cover expenses such as tuition fees as well as living costs. You need to ensure you have the right background to apply for Video Game Design and carefully consider the university’s requirements to study there.
You will likely need an English language qualification, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Top 10 Video Game Design universities abroad
- Birmingham City University
- University for the Creative Arts
- Staffordshire University
- Bournemouth University
- University of Portsmouth
- Bangor University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- De Montfort University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
Video Game Design fees abroad
Tuition fees are an essential requirement you must pay if you want to study Video Game Design. These fees can vary dramatically depending on the country and university you choose to study as well as your level of study.
To give a rough idea, we have outlined the minimum and maximum fees you will be expected to pay.
To find out the exact tuition fees you will be required to pay, please refer to your chosen university for Video Game Design.
There are also scholarships available to help you cover costs if you meet the requirements.
The minimum fees for Video Game Design are £4,858.
The maximum fees for Video Game Design are £12,752.
Student visa cost for studying Video Game Design abroad
To study Video Game Design abroad you will need a student visa. The visa will vary in cost depending on where you want to study.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD $85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Video Game Design abroad eligibility criteria
To study Video Game Design abroad, you need a set list of documents. The exact requirements differ depending on which country you want to study in. However, in general, you are expected to have the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
For any test results, the minimum score you need will depend on the university you are applying to.
Post-study work permit after completing Video Game Design qualification
Once you have completed your qualification in Video Game Design, you will be entitled to apply for a post-study work permit. This permit will allow you to stay behind in the country you studied in in order to find work. The table below outlines how long you can stay in each country.
Each country has different rules regarding applying and when, so make sure you read up on what you need to do so you don’t miss out.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit (PGWP)||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Video Game Design Courses
- Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science, Specialization in Video Game ProgrammingUniversity of Prince Edward IslandCA$13,998
- BSc (Hons) Virtual and Augmented RealityCardiff Metropolitan University£13,000
- BA (Hons) Art and Design (Creative Technologies)Birmingham City University£13,200
- BA (Hons) Art and Design (Creative Technologies) with Foundation YearBirmingham City University£13,200
- BA (Hons) Art and Design (Creative Technologies) with Professional Placement YearBirmingham City University£13,200
- BA (Hons) Video Game Design with Foundation YearBirmingham City University£13,200
- BSc (Hons) Video Game Development with Foundation YearBirmingham City University£13,200
- BA (Hons) Video Game Digital Art with Foundation YearBirmingham City University£13,200
- BSc (Hons) Video Game Development with a Foundation YearBirmingham City University£13,980
- BA (Hons) Video Game Design with a Foundation YearBirmingham City University£13,980
- Information Technology
- Computer Graphics
- Technology Policy
- Data Sciences and Big Data
- Software Design
- Systems Analysis
- Computer Engineerings
- Data Mining