Will studying abroad help my career?Updated on: Aug 10, 2023
Studying abroad can definitely help your career in several ways.
Here are some potential benefits:
- International experience: Studying abroad can give you exposure to different cultures, languages, and ways of thinking. This can broaden your perspective and make you more adaptable, which can be valuable in a globalised job market.
- Language skills: If you study in a country where a different language is spoken, you will likely improve your language skills. Being bilingual or multilingual is often viewed as an asset by employers, particularly in fields such as international business or diplomacy.
- Networking: While studying abroad, you will meet people from different backgrounds, including other students, professors, and professionals. These connections can be valuable for your future career, as they may lead to job opportunities or collaborations.
- Resume/CV booster: Studying abroad can make your resume/CV stand out to employers. It shows that you are independent, culturally aware, and have experience outside of your home country.
- Personal growth: Living in a new environment and being independent can help you develop important life skills, such as problem-solving, communication, and resilience. These skills can be beneficial to your career and to your personal life.
Overall, studying abroad can be a great investment in your future career. However, it is important to carefully consider the costs and benefits before making a decision. It may not be feasible or desirable for everyone, depending on your personal circumstances and career goals.
- 10 benefits of studying abroad: A list of reasons you should consider
- 5 ways studying abroad changes you as a person (according to science)
- Best countries to study and work: maximizing your international experience
- Best country for Pakistani students to study abroad: evaluating the top choices
- Best Countries to Study Abroad for Indian Students
- Why do we need a consultant for studying abroad?