Doctorate Physics Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Physics courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Doctorate Physics universities in United Kingdom
- University of Lincoln
- Newcastle University
- Swansea University
- Cardiff University
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leicester
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Essex
- University of Liverpool
- Lancaster University
Doctorate Physics fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Physics in United Kingdom - £13,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Physics in United Kingdom - £35,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Physics in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Physics in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Physics qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Physics Courses in the United Kingdom
- Masters by Research PhysicsUniversity of Hertfordshire£15,800
- PhD PhysicsUniversity of Hertfordshire£15,800
- PhD Materials and PhysicsUniversity of Salford£14,090
- PhD Nuclear physicsUniversity of Brighton£15,126
- PhD Physics and AstrophysicsThe University of Hull£15,400
- MSc by Thesis Physics and AstrophysicsThe University of Hull£15,400
- MRes PhysicsNottingham Trent University£15,500
- PhD Computational PhysicsUniversity of Lincoln£16,100
- MPhil Computational PhysicsUniversity of Lincoln£16,100
- PhD Theoretical PhysicsUniversity of Lincoln£16,100
- Doctorate Quantum Physics in UK
- Doctorate Numerical Simulations in UK
- Doctorate Nuclear Physics in UK
- Doctorate Astrophysics in UK
- Doctorate Photonics in UK
- Doctorate Plasma Physics in UK
- Doctorate Theoretical Physics in UK
- Doctorate Geophysics in UK
- Doctorate Applied Physics in UK
- Doctorate Condensed Matter Physics in UK
- Institutions offering the courses30
- Count of courses76
- Count of UG courses431
- Count of PG courses74
- Count of Doctorate courses76
- Fee range (min-max)£13,000 - £35,000