Doctorate Biology Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Biology courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Doctorate Biology universities in United Kingdom
- University of Liverpool
- University of Essex
- Newcastle University
- University of Leicester
- Cardiff University
- University of Bath
- University of Lincoln
- Lancaster University
- Swansea University
- University of Birmingham
Doctorate Biology fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Biology in United Kingdom - £10,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Biology in United Kingdom - £37,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Biology in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Biology in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Biology qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Biology Courses in the United Kingdom
- PhD (School of Chemistry and Biosciences) DoctorateUniversity of Bradford£10,442
- PhD Postgraduate research in Molecular BiologyUniversity of Wolverhampton£12,950
- PhD Postgraduate research in Biological SciencesUniversity of Wolverhampton£12,950
- MRes Biological ScienceTeesside University£13,000
- Masters by Research Life Sciences, Sport and Exercise and HealthBirmingham City University£13,200
- MRes BioscienceUniversity of East London£14,460
- MRes Advanced Biological SciencesUniversity of Exeter£14,500
- PhD/MPhil Biology; Biochemistry; Neuroscience; Biomedical ScienceKeele University£14,900
- PhD/MPhil BiologyKeele University£14,900
- MPhil/PhD School of Health Sport and BioscienceUniversity of East London£15,340
- Institutions offering the courses43
- Count of courses154
- Count of UG courses439
- Count of PG courses123
- Count of Doctorate courses154
- Fee range (min-max)£10,000 - £37,000