Nursing Courses in United Kingdom
Get ready to change your future when you decide to study Nursing in United Kingdom.
People who have studied abroad said it not only improved their confidence but also gave them a better understanding of their cultural values and taught them worthwhile skills that influenced their future career.
When you decide to study in United Kingdom, you can access universities that rank highly in Nursing, improving your job prospects. You also get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom once you’ve graduated with a post-study work visa. There are plenty of universities on offer. Choose from 69 institutions and 644 courses.
The time is now to study abroad. It’s worth it, we promise.
Top 10 Nursing universities in United Kingdom
- Birmingham City University
- Teesside University
- London South Bank University
- Swansea University
- University of Greenwich
- Keele University
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Bedfordshire
- Buckinghamshire New University
- City University of London
Nursing fees in United Kingdom
Tution fees will make up a large chunk of your costs. These will vary depending on which university you decide to study at, so do make sure you check with the institution.
There are also plenty of options to help cover the costs, such as scholarships. These can cover some or all tuition fees and other living expenses.
In general, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Nursing in United Kingdom -£4,000
- Minimum fees in Nursing in United Kingdom -£32,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Nursing in United Kingdom
You need a student visa to study in United Kingdom. Please see the table below for how much you will need to pay for the application and other potential costs.
|UK student visa||GBP £363|
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
|Canada student visa||CAD $235. This includes the application fee of CAD $150 and the biometrics fee of CAD$85.|
|New Zealand student visa||NZ $530. This figure will vary depending on where you’re applying from.|
|Ireland student visa||EUR €60|
Studying Nursing in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
When applying to study abroad in any United Kingdom, the documents you need tend to be pretty similar.
Some will vary depending on the institution, but we’ve outlined below the core documents you’ll need to make your application.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Nursing qualification in United Kingdom
You’ll be pleased to know that once you’ve completed Nursing qualification in United Kingdom you’ll be eligible to stay back and see work!
This is an excellent opportunity to put your degree to good use and begin your career.
See the table below for how long you get to stay:
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training OPT||1 year|
|Canada||Post-graduation work permit PGWP||3 years|
|New Zealand||Post-study work visa||3 years|
|Ireland||Third level graduate programme||2 years|
Top Nursing Courses in the United Kingdom
You don’t have to stop at Nursing courses in United Kingdom, you can narrow down the focus of this subject even further into particular specialisations. If you are interested in a certain topic, refer to the list below - you might see something jump out!
- MSc NursingCoventry University£18,600
- MSc Adult Nursing (pre-registration)Coventry University
- MSc/PGDip/PGCert NursingUniversity of Liverpool£21,650
- MSc/PGCert NursingUniversity of Liverpool£24,400
- MSc Advanced Nursing ScienceUniversity of Glasgow£23,000
- MSc Midwifery (with registration as a midwife)University of Sheffield
- MMedSci Nursing Studies (leading to professional registration as an Adult Nurse)University of Sheffield£19,950
- PG Cert Optimising ChildbirthBangor University£16,750
- PGDip Adult NursingBangor University£16,750