Postgraduate Creative Writing Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Postgraduate Creative Writing courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Postgraduate Creative Writing universities in United Kingdom
- University of East Anglia
- City University of London
- Kingston University
- Lancaster University
- University of Essex
- University of Roehampton
- Birmingham City University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Queen's University Belfast
Postgraduate Creative Writing fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Postgraduate Creative Writing in United Kingdom - £10,000
- Maximum fees Postgraduate Creative Writing in United Kingdom - £30,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Postgraduate Creative Writing in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Postgraduate Creative Writing in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Postgraduate Creative Writing qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Postgraduate Creative Writing Courses in the United Kingdom
- MA Creative Writing (Extended)Swansea University£10,900
- PgDip English - Creative WritingQueen's University Belfast£11,800
- MA Creative Writing and PublishingUniversity of Lincoln£12,000
- MA Creative Writing: Writing and Publishing FictionUniversity of Chester£12,950
- MA Creative WritingTeesside University£13,000
- MA Creative, Digital and Professional WritingLondon Metropolitan University£13,750
- MA Creative WritingUniversity of Hertfordshire£13,950
- MA Creative Writing and PublishingBournemouth University£14,000
- MA Creative Writing: Writing the CityUniversity of Westminster£14,000
- MA/PgD/PgC English Literature and Creative WritingCardiff Metropolitan University£14,000
- Institutions offering the courses53
- Count of courses77
- Count of UG courses296
- Count of PG courses77
- Count of Doctorate courses33
- Fee range (min-max)£10,000 - £30,000