Everything you should know about masters in education UK
A master’s degree in education provides in-depth knowledge and understanding of the concept you received during your undergraduate studies. These courses strengthen your foundation of the subject, enhance your skills, and prepare you for the career ahead. The United Kingdom is considered one of the best study destinations for international students for their postgraduate education studies. Here are the benefits, scope, and opportunities of studying masters in education UK.
About postgraduate education courses
- International students prefer to pursue a master’s degree in education as it enhances their knowledge and skills in their area of interest.
- Developing your skills in a particular specialty gives you an upper hand in the field and increases your chances of getting a job. People with a master’s degree can also witness a hike in pay.
- The courses strive to enhance several skills, especially your leadership and critical-thinking skills, for a scopeful career.
- The education field plays a crucial role in society. Its importance is unparalleled, as education serves as the backbone of any industry in the global market.
Masters in education UK: Highlights
|Course type||Full-time, distance learning|
|Course duration||1-2 year|
|Master’s in education degree entry requirements in UK||A student with an undergraduate degree in education or other related courses like arts, commerce, and science. The required score is 75% or above.|
Note: The requirements may vary with the universities you apply for. It is important to check the respective institution’s requirements before applying for the course.
Why study masters in education UK?
- The UK is considered one of the best study destinations for education courses as the universities and colleges are globally recognised for their syllabus and quality of education.
- The courses are structured to equip students with the required knowledge and skills for a scopeful career.
- The significance of the education field in society paves the way for plenty of opportunities for graduates.
Best countries for studying education courses abroad
Different study levels in education courses in UK
- Undergraduate education courses in UK
- Postgraduate education courses in UK
- Doctorate education courses in UK
- Foundation education courses in UK
Student eligibility to pursue postgraduate education courses UK
An education degree in the UK provides one of the best academic experiences for students and help them enhance the essential skills to start their careers. When you apply for a course at any university, it is important to check if you satisfy the eligibility criteria. While the factors differ with every institution, here are the basic requirements for applying for masters in education UK.
Eligibility criteria for masters in education UK
|Educational qualification||A student with an undergraduate degree in education or other related courses like arts, commerce, and science. The required score is 75% or above.|
|Visa||UK student visa|
Note: It is important to note that the minimum grades required for educational qualification differ with every university. Make sure to check if your scores meet the institution’s standards.
What are the English language requirements to study postgraduate education UK?
Student requirements to pursue postgraduate education UK
Once you meet the basic eligibility criteria, the university will request a number of documents to initiate the application process. Here are some of the common assets required by educational institutions.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Visa requirements for postgraduate education UK
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Documents required for international students to apply for visa in UK
- Your current passport
- A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider
- Proof of financial support
- A valid Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate
- Parental or legal guardian consent (if the international student is under 18)
- Your tuberculosis test results
- Written consent from financial sponsor
- Proof of parental or legal guardian relationship (if the international student is under 18)
Top UK universities for master’s in education
|University||Times Higher Education Ranking 2023|
|University of Glasgow||82|
|University of Birmingham||108|
|University of Greenwich||501-600|
|University of Wolverhampton||601-800|
|Sheffield Hallam University||801-1000|
|University of Bedfordshire||801-1000|
|University of East London||1001-1200|
|University of Sunderland||1001-1200|
|University of Chester||1201-1500|
Best postgraduate education courses UK
- MEd Professional Development in Education
- MA Education Leadership and Management
- MSc Education (Neuroscience and Education)
- MA International Education and Globalisation
- PGCE Further Education and Training
- MA Inclusive Education
- MA Global Educational Leadership
- MA Teaching and Learning in Higher And Professional Education (Advanced Standing)
- MA Educational Leadership
- MA Technology, Creativity and Thinking in Education
Masters in education UK fees
|Fees for postgraduate education courses UK||Average fees|
International student cost of living while pursuing masters in education UK
The average cost of living for an international student in the United Kingdom is between £12,000-£15,000.
Scholarships for postgraduate education UK
Scholarships play an important role for international students as it eases the financial difficulties of studying abroad. Several government-funded, university-funded, and other scholarships are available for postgraduate education courses UK. Some of them are.
- The Chevening Scholarships for Master’s
- GREAT scholarships
- Global Wales Scholarships for International Students
Job opportunities for masters in education UK
The education field is one of the most significant domains in the global market. It offers students a wide range of opportunities and has significant perks for a scopeful career.
How much do you earn in the education field in UK 2023?
The field of education has plenty of opportunities for graduates. The average annual salary for an education graduate in the UK is £34,616.
You can earn around £30,592 in entry-level employment roles, while experienced graduates can earn up to £48,515 a year.
What careers are there in the education field in UK?
- Academic Researcher
- British Sign Language Teacher
- Education Welfare Officer
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Teaching Assistant
- Training Officer
- Further Education Teacher
- Community Education Officer
- Museum Education Officer
In addition to the jobs mentioned above, the field of education provides ample opportunities for international students in the UK.
Post-study work permit after completing education courses
|Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|Graduate visa||2 years|
Related education courses
Masters in education UK
The education field has paved the way for scopeful opportunities for international students. Graduates in the UK can choose any specialisation in the domain and begin their careers. Here are some of the best postgraduate education courses UK.
- PGCert Special Education Needs CoordinationLeeds Beckett University£2,335
- PGCert Early Years with Early Years Teacher StatusUniversity of Gloucestershire£3,175
- PGCAP Academic Practice (Online)University of Liverpool£5,100
- PGCert Medical EducationUniversity of Dundee£6,250
- MA English Language Teaching (Distance Learning)London Metropolitan University£6,895
- PGCert Early Years Practice (EYTS)University of Reading£7,000
- MA Childhood Studies and Early YearsLeeds Beckett University£7,000
- PGCE Early Years (Birth to 5) (with EYTS)University of Bedfordshire£7,000
- PGCert Research TrainingNewcastle University£7,200
- PGCert English Language TeachingQueen Mary University of London£7,450
- Postgraduate Dramaturgy in UK
- Postgraduate Discourse Analysis in UK
- Postgraduate Pedagogy in UK
- Postgraduate Egyptology in UK
- Postgraduate Cartography in UK
- Postgraduate English Studies in UK
- Postgraduate Choral Conducting in UK
- Postgraduate Anatomy in UK
- Postgraduate Classics in UK
- Postgraduate Education Policy in UK
Masters in education UK paves the way for several career opportunities for international students. The courses help the students develop the knowledge and skills required to start their careers. Here are some of the career options for students with masters in education UK.
- Head Teacher
- University Lecturer
- Education Officer
- Education Consultant
- Training Officer
Here are some of the best specialisations in MEd degree.
- Educational Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Adult Education and Training
- Leadership of Educational Organisations
- Educational Technology