Postgraduate Linguistics Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Postgraduate Linguistics courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Postgraduate Linguistics universities in United Kingdom
- University of Bath
- SOAS University of London
- University of Essex
- Newcastle University
- Bangor University
- University of Glasgow
- University of Birmingham
- University of Nottingham
- University of Sheffield
- Cardiff University
Postgraduate Linguistics fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Postgraduate Linguistics in United Kingdom - £4,000
- Maximum fees Postgraduate Linguistics in United Kingdom - £29,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Postgraduate Linguistics in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Postgraduate Linguistics in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Postgraduate Linguistics qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Postgraduate Linguistics Courses in the United Kingdom
- PG Cert Specialised TranslationLondon Metropolitan University£4,545
- PG Cert Translation TechnologyLondon Metropolitan University£4,545
- PGCert Translation StudiesUniversity of Glasgow£7,380
- PG Dip TranslationLondon Metropolitan University£9,180
- MA Translation and Interpreting (Extended)Swansea University£11,550
- PGDip Translation StudiesUniversity of Leicester£12,120
- MA English Language and LinguisticsUniversity of Chester£12,950
- MA Applied LinguisticsUniversity of Bedfordshire£13,275
- MA Applied Linguistics (TEFL)University of Bedfordshire£13,275
- MA Computational LinguisticsUniversity of Wolverhampton£13,950
- Institutions offering the courses39
- Count of courses142
- Count of UG courses260
- Count of PG courses142
- Count of Doctorate courses55
- Fee range (min-max)£4,000 - £29,000