Undergraduate Optometry Courses in US
United States offers a host of amazing Undergraduate Optometry courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United States with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Undergraduate Optometry universities in United States
- University of Idaho
- Gannon University
- Auburn University
- American University
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Florida International University
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- University of Hartford
- University of the Pacific
- Western New England University
Undergraduate Optometry fees in United States
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Undergraduate Optometry in United States - £6,352
- Maximum fees Undergraduate Optometry in United States - £34,938
Student’s visa cost for studying Undergraduate Optometry in United States
Before moving to study in United States you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|USA student visa||USD $510. This is for the F1 student visa and includes USD $350 SEVIS fee and USD $160 application fee.|
Studying Undergraduate Optometry in United States eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United States. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Undergraduate Optometry qualification in United States
Once you’ve completed your studies in United States you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United States and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|USA||Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)||1 year|
Top Undergraduate Optometry Courses in the United States
- Pre-OptometrySouthwest Minnesota State University£8,037
- Pre-OptometryWestern Washington University£19,152
- Physics – Pre-Optometry ConcentrationFlorida International University£18,501
- BS Pre-OptometryConcordia University, St. Paul£19,851
- Pre-Optometry, FocusUniversity of Idaho£22,179
- MEd Biomedical Sciences – Pre-Medical, Pre-Dental, Pre-Optometry ConcentrationAuburn University£25,605
- Biomedical Sciences – Pre-Medical, Pre-Dental, Pre-Optometry ConcentrationAuburn University£25,605
- Physics – Pre-Optometry ConcentrationAuburn University£25,605
- Microbiology – Pre-Optometry ConcentrationAuburn University£25,605
- MS Chemistry, BA – Pre-Optometry ConcentrationAuburn University£25,605
- Undergraduate Exercise Physiology in US
- Undergraduate Clinical Laboratory Sciences in US
- Undergraduate Human Physiology in US
- Undergraduate Optics in US
- Undergraduate Medical Social Work in US
- Undergraduate Public Health in US
- Undergraduate Kinesiology in US
- Undergraduate Respiratory Therapy in US
- Undergraduate Rehabilitation Medicine in US
- Undergraduate Mental Health in US
- Institutions offering the courses11
- Count of courses17
- Count of UG courses17
- Fee range (min-max)£6,352 - £34,938