Postgraduate Sociology Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Postgraduate Sociology courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Postgraduate Sociology universities in United Kingdom
- Bangor University
- University of Exeter
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Essex
- University of Kent
- London Metropolitan University
- Loughborough University
- University of Bath
- Lancaster University
Postgraduate Sociology fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Postgraduate Sociology in United Kingdom - £12,000
- Maximum fees Postgraduate Sociology in United Kingdom - £25,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Postgraduate Sociology in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Postgraduate Sociology in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Postgraduate Sociology qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Postgraduate Sociology Courses in the United Kingdom
- MA Social PolicyBangor University£16,250
- MA SociologyBangor University£16,250
- MA Criminology and SociologyBangor University£16,250
- MA Youth & Community StudiesGlyndwr University£12,500
- MSc Human Society (with Specialism)University of Bolton£12,950
- MSc Human Society (with Specialism): ExtendedUniversity of Bolton£12,950
- MSc Social Research Methods (Social Policy)Teesside University£13,000
- PGDip Social Research (Social Policy)University of Birmingham£13,440
- PGCE Secondary Education: Social SciencesUniversity of Wolverhampton£13,450
- MSc Sociology of Sport and ExerciseUniversity of Chester£13,450
- Postgraduate Sociology Of Science in UK
- Postgraduate Social Development in UK
- Postgraduate Leisure Studies in UK
- Postgraduate Natural Resource Sociology in UK
- Postgraduate Social Change in UK
- Postgraduate Sociology Of Autism in UK
- Postgraduate Community Practice in UK
- Postgraduate Social Theory in UK
- Postgraduate Sociology Of Peace in UK
- Postgraduate Community Organizing in UK
- Institutions offering the courses36
- Count of courses68
- Count of UG courses619
- Count of PG courses68
- Count of Doctorate courses84
- Fee range (min-max)£12,000 - £25,000