Doctorate Geography Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Geography courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Doctorate Geography universities in United Kingdom
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- Swansea University
- University of Glasgow
- University of Liverpool
- University of Plymouth
- University of Birmingham
- University of Brighton
- The University of Hull
- Bangor University
Doctorate Geography fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Geography in United Kingdom - £13,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Geography in United Kingdom - £35,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Geography in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Geography in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Geography qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Geography Courses in the United Kingdom
- MPhil Geography and International DevelopmentUniversity of Chester£13,308
- PhD Human geographyUniversity of Brighton£13,326
- PhD/MPhil Physical GeographyKeele University£14,900
- PhD/MPhil Human GeographyKeele University£14,900
- PhD Physical GeographyUniversity of Brighton£15,126
- MA by Thesis Geography and Earth ScienceThe University of Hull£15,400
- PhD Geography and Earth ScienceThe University of Hull£15,400
- MSc by Thesis Geography and Earth ScienceThe University of Hull£15,400
- MRes GIS and Remote SensingUniversity of Brighton£15,462
- MRes in GeomechanicsHeriot-Watt University£15,672
- Doctorate Oceanography in UK
- Doctorate Glaciology in UK
- Doctorate Development Geography in UK
- Doctorate Urban Geography in UK
- Doctorate Tectonics in UK
- Doctorate Environmental Geography in UK
- Doctorate Regional Geography in UK
- Doctorate Earth sciences in UK
- Doctorate Cultural Geography in UK
- Doctorate Human Geography in UK
- Institutions offering the courses29
- Count of courses68
- Count of UG courses403
- Count of PG courses51
- Count of Doctorate courses68
- Fee range (min-max)£13,000 - £35,000