Doctorate Languages Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Languages courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Doctorate Languages universities in United Kingdom
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leicester
- SOAS University of London
- Cardiff University
- University of Liverpool
- University of Abertay
- Lancaster University
- Newcastle University
- Queen Mary University of London
- Swansea University
Doctorate Languages fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Languages in United Kingdom - £13,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Languages in United Kingdom - £35,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Languages in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Languages in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Languages qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Languages Courses in the United Kingdom
- PhD/MPhil Language and Communication SciencesCity University of London£13,010
- MPhil Modern LanguagesUniversity of Chester£13,308
- PhD Modern LanguagesUniversity of Chester£13,308
- MPhil Developmental Psychology and Language LearningUniversity of Abertay£13,750
- MSc by Research Developmental Psychology and Language LearningUniversity of Abertay£13,750
- PhD Developmental Psychology and Language LearningUniversity of Abertay£13,750
- MA by Thesis LanguagesThe University of Hull£15,400
- PhD LanguagesThe University of Hull£15,400
- MPhil Languages and Applied LinguisticsUniversity of Portsmouth£15,500
- PhD Languages and Applied LinguisticsUniversity of Portsmouth£15,500
- Doctorate Sociolinguistics in UK
- Doctorate Speech And Language Pathology in UK
- Doctorate Classical Language in UK
- Doctorate Language Policy in UK
- Doctorate Phonetics in UK
- Doctorate Phonology in UK
- Doctorate Applied Linguistics in UK
- Doctorate Linguistics in UK
- Institutions offering the courses19
- Count of courses73
- Count of UG courses515
- Count of PG courses232
- Count of Doctorate courses73
- Fee range (min-max)£13,000 - £35,000